However, when the internet is down, it is important to be able to maintain alternative lines of communication. In these cases it has been used for many years the main means of communication: services offered by a telephone company through the SIM card.
What is that?
They are removable cards or chips. They have not only been used in cell phones, but also in tablets, modems and other types of devices capable of using the company's signal.
What is the SIM card used for?
The main goal that seeks accomplishes through this tool, secure information storage for a user use a specific network of dat you mobile. Through this small device, you will access text messaging services, phone calls and 2G, 3G, 4G or 5G data networks.
For some years now, many models of phones have implemented slots to store two types of SIM cards, which can belong to different telephone companies.
Its correct functioning will depend on the compatibility of your mobile phone with respect to the bands used in your country, a detail to consider when buying a new phone.
Type di carta SIM
The first presentation of this type of chip or card took place in the 90s, keeping a similar size to that of any debit or credit card… yes, quite large compared to the current size. Among the different types of SIM cards, there are:
- SIMs.: This type of card was mentioned above. In its first presentation, it had a size of 85,60mm in length and 53,98 in width.
- Minis: This type of card appeared in 1996 and its measurements have been significantly reduced: 25mm in length and 15mm in width with storage capacities of between 2, 16 and 32KB.
- Micro SIM: it was one of the most trendy. It was introduced in 2003 and has been one of the most used in all these years. Its measurements were also smaller than those of its predecessor, being 15mm long and 12mm wide, and its storage capacity has been expanded to a minimum of 32 and a maximum of 128KB.
- nanosimSIM cards took up less space in 2013 with the launch of the iPhone 5. It measures 12,30mm in length and 8,80mm in width and 128KB of storage. While it saves space in the phone's insert tray, the downside is that it's extremely easy to lose.
Suspension of the SIM card
When purchasing a recent chip or SIM, the telephone company may take care of its activation or leave precise instructions for this procedure. However, after some time, whether for travel reasons or for a certain period of non-use or absence in the payment of the telephone plans, the card may be suspended or inactive.
How to reactivate a chip or a SIM card
reactivate and use the services again offered by the telephone company via the SIM, you can follow some simple and short steps to do this. To start:
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Remove the battery (if necessary).
- Insert the SIM card.
- Turn on your phone.
- Make a call.
This can vary depending on the telephone company from which you purchased the SIM card. In some cases, it is necessary to call a specific company number to perform a data verification and line activation process.
In other cases it is necessary to enter the place company to start the reactivation process of the line which, for whatever reason, has been inactive for some time.