What are local group policies?
Within the Windows operating system, we have the so-called “Group Policy. This feature first saw the light in Windows NT and, since then, it has been present in virtually every Microsoft operating system.
Group policies are a set of rules responsible for management and control of aspects relating to the system. On the other hand, Local Group Policy is a more basic option, as actions like disabling UAC in Windows are part of a specific section of the system configuration.
In most cases, average users do not require access to local group policies. However, given some drawbacks or necessary system maintenance, this is an option that it may be necessary.
In any case, many people have noticed that Local Group Policy does not work in Windows 10, this problem is known. Fortunately, it can be easily fixed. To activate the policy editor in Windows 10, read the following guide carefully.
How to activate the local group policy editor gpedit.msc in Windows 10
Users are provided with basic Windows setup upon first installation, as well as various methods of accessing the options provided by gpedit.msc and other applications. However, if gpedit.msc does not appear on your system, you need to know a procedure to reactivate it.
Check if gpedit.msc is working correctly in Windows 10
First of all, you should check if indeed the gpedit.msc application does not open. It may seem like a no-brainer, but many people don't know how to access this useful Windows tool. That said, try the default option to enter gpedit.msc.
- There are several ways to access Local Group Policy in Windows 10. The simplest method is to open the “Run” tool. To do this, just press the key combination Windows + R.
- After the above, the “Run” application will appear on the screen. Similarly, a small dialog box will appear in which to type the following “gpedit.msc”. Finally, press the "Accept" button.
Re-enable the Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10
In case the gpedit.msc tool does not appear, we recommend that you use the following method, with which you will be able to access this important function again in Windows.
- The first thing you should do is go to the following gpedit activator website. There, click on the “Download Now” option and wait until the download is complete.
- Once you have the downloaded file on your computer, unzip the Zip and right click on “gpedit-enabler.bat”. Then, click on the option "Run as administrator". After that, the gpedit.msc installation process will begin.
- Once the process is complete, you will be able to use the gpedit.msc tool without any major problems.
- Restart your computer, as in many cases the settings we made earlier need to be applied.
Activate the Local Security Policy Editor in Windows 10
Many confuse group policies local with i criteria of local security. First of all, you have to keep in mind that they are two different things. That said, in case you want to access local security policies, the process follows.
- Enter the "Local Security Policies". To do this, go to the top and open the Windows Control Panel.
- Once in the Windows Control Panel, you should look for the option "Administrative tools". In case you can't find this option, you can use the search engine at the top and right.
- After opening the options of administration tools, a new folder will open. Here you should search for "Local Security Policy". If you want to keep the changes you made, you can lock the Windows settings. Therefore, other users who log on to your computer will not be able to make changes to the system.
Most Interesting Articles
- best telegram channels to watch all the free live soccer 2023
- best telegram channels to watch free live tennis 2023
- best telegram channels to watch formula 1 live and free 2023
- how to watch and download movies and series in 2023 with telegram
- best telegram channels to watch motogp free and live 2023