The IMEI code
This is nothing more than a number of identification unique assigned to your phone. It would be the equivalent of your fingerprint - no one else in the world has one like it.
It is made up of a total of 15 figures. It should be noted that this identification number of your equipment is not related to the telephone company you may be subscribed to. This number is assigned to your equipment from the moment of its manufacture.
The components of the IMEI code
The structuring of the IMEI code consists of 4 parts to find that total of 15 digits. These sections provide highly specific information about your team:
- The first is the Type Allocation Code (TAC), represented by the first six numbers of the code. It would serve to provide enough information to identify the country where the equipment was manufactured.
- Il Final Assembly Code (FAC), on the other hand, is made up of only a couple of digits. Enough quantity to find the mobile phone manufacturer.
- Meanwhile, the serial number is a six-digit set used to assign equipment identification.
- Finally, the verification code completes the series of 15 numbers and serves to verify the correct constitution of the identification of your mobile phone.
Know your IMEI number
You will probably want to have this team ID number handy in case these kinds of situations arise. For know the IMEI code of the device, you just have to follow a series of simple instructions:
- Open the call panel on your mobile.
- Dial the code * # # 06.
- Immediately the IMEI code for your mobile should appear on the screen.
There are other ways to check the IMEI code of your phone, although it is much more methodological than the previous one. For this you must:
- Enter the "Settings" section of your mobile phone.
- Click on the «About phone» option.
- Now enter the «State» section.
- Now you need to click on the option «IMEI information».
This way, you'll be able to access your phone's unique identifying information in an easier but bureaucratic way.
What to do in case of theft or loss?
It is important that you take into account a detail when block the your cell phone via the IMEI code.
- It is important to keep this code in case you bought the phone in a physical or digital store not connected to a telephone company, as they may ask for it at the time of blocking.
- In case they bought it directly from a company's offices, they should be able to have the identification number IMEI at the time of your block request.
How to lock the phone by IMEI code?
For this, all you have to do is borrow a phone and call the operator of the telephone company your team is affiliated with, provide the requested information and in a few minutes you will be blocked.
What are the consequences of the blockade?
It should be noted that: this way, your phone will be disabled for making calls and sending messages. But whoever has it can still access the contents of your phone: contacts, photos, etc. So it is important to keep your phone PIN or password protected.
Likewise, if you retrieve your phone, you could make another call to the phone company to request that your mobile be unlocked.
Safety comes first in many areas of life, and when it comes to something as personal as a cell phone, precautionary measures don't hurt. Know and save the IMEI code of your mobile phone.