Google Chrome is one of the most used browsers in the world. If you always keep it updated to its latest version, you will see that they have endless tools that can be very useful while browsing the web. Among them, you should know, since it has its own download manager.
However, this internal manager isn't the only one you can use. This is vital, especially if your computer is shared with multiple people and you want avoid the risk one of them downloads a file with some kind of virus. Therefore, in the next section we will tell you how to block downloads.
Steps to block file downloads from Google Chrome on my Windows 10 PC
One thing you can do for prevent malicious software is downloaded inadvertently on your PC is blocking downloads from your browser. This process is really simple, and we anticipate that it is different from limiting the download speed of Google Chrome, because in this case you will block it completely.
It is necessary that in this case we make the difference between Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home, as the procedure for blocking file downloads from Google Chrome is different in each version. However, you shouldn't worry, as both are simple processes.
In the case of Windows 10 Pro, the first thing you should do is type “gpedit” into the search engine on the Windows 10 taskbar. If you have a problem opening this search engine, we recommend that you fix it first. Then, go to "Administrative Templates" and search for "Google", then "Google Chrome".
Once you've done this, you just need to enable the 'Allow download restrictions' box, choosing the 'Block all downloads' option if you wish. With this, you will have already blocked the downloads from Google Chrome on your Windows 10 Pro PC.
Can I block downloads from Google Chrome with Windows 10 Home?
The process for blocking file downloads from Google Chrome on a PC with Windows 10 Home is a little more complex than the process with Windows 10 Pro. However, we will explain it here step by step, so that you can do it without any problems. .
- The first step is very similar, because you have to go to the Windows 10 taskbar and type in the search engine, but this time you will type “regedit”. This will allow you to run the registry editor Windows.
- Once opened, in the left sidebar you have to find the folder called 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER' and click on the arrow located immediately on the left to view its contents.
- Then, you need to look for the “Software” folder inside it and view its contents. Repeat this operation also with the "Policies" folder. Within this there should be a Google rule. If it doesn't exist, you need to create it as we explain below.
- To create the rule you need to right-click inside the "Policies" folder and choose the "New Rule" option. This will create a folder that you will call "Google". Repeat this procedure inside the Google folder, creating a rule for Chrome. You can skip this step if this rule has already appeared in the registry editor.
- Once inside the Chrome folder, you need to create (by right-clicking again) a new value 32-bit DWORD and call it "DownloadRestrictions" and enter the number 3 as a value. This will block all downloads of Google Chrome.
Note that you can also restrict Google Chrome downloads from the browser, as directed by the official Google Chrome Enterprise Help page. In both cases, this is the whole procedure that you need to follow to block file downloads from Google Chrome on your PC.
Most Interesting Articles
- best telegram channels to watch all the free live soccer 2023
- best telegram channels to watch formula 1 live and free 2023
- best telegram channels to watch motogp free and live 2023
- how to watch the nba live and free with telegram 2023
- how to watch and download movies and series in 2023 with telegram