What's the difference between Instagram direct and private messages?
Instagram allows all users to start a conversation from its platform without having to log into another app. These messages are called 'direct or private'; for sure there is no difference between these two types of text. But what's remarkable is that these messages have a certain degree of privacy, plus you can send messages that will only appear for a while and then the "temporary messages" are deleted.
How to block direct messages on Instagram
Unfortunately, the option to be able to block all messages is non-existent, since there are alone two options that can be chosen while adjusting and removing direct messages in the application, since they are already temporary solutions, if you do not want to make more manual choice, the message will appear in the same way.
How to block strangers to avoid their messages
Sometimes we get messages from people we don't know; Either because we don't follow or follow each other on Instagram or because we simply don't have a clue who they might be. Therefore, a many users don't like receiving this kind of notifications, then we'll explain what you can do to block messages from strangers.
Do it from your PC
Blocking messages from unknown users is a bit easy; To do this, you must follow the instructions we give you below so that you can do it from your computer.
- The first step will always be to open the application from the computer, although some users may need additional steps to open it on a PC.
- After opening the application, you need to access the messages tab, located at the top right, with a symbol similar to that of Facebook Messenger.
- Once you enter the tab, all the contacts you spoke with will appear, they can be followers or followed, where you will choose the person you decide to block.
- Once you have chosen the person, it is a question of entering the chat and selecting the three points at the top right, where many possible options will appear to manage the chat, from the multimedia files received and sent, to the option that will be seen in red letters signals of 'Block' warning.
- If the option is pressed, the user will be blocked without him knowing, thus deleting the option that the user can avoid.
Although this option is boring, it is the most effective to put an end to users who spam, who decide to send malicious messages or who simply with users they do not want to continue talking to. However, the current reader may be interested to know if they have blocked it, as it is a silent option which can be a mistake.
Do it from your mobile
Now, if you want to block Instagram messages of unknown users from your mobile, the instructions to follow are very similar to the one above. At first open the app on your mobile, then go to Direct Messages (DM / MD) which is located in the upper right corner of the platform or just standing at the beginning, swipe the screen to the left.
Once you are in this section, you need to select the message from the unknown user, enter there; then you will click on the three vertical dots that you will find in the upper right corner and there you will choose the 'block' option. This way the transaction gets executed and works effectively, so i messages from such a user will surely not reach you.
Can comments be blocked on Instagram?
In case you don't want to block a user directly, but want to delete some comments they make because they can be a little offensive, threatening or that damage your personal or business image; Because of this, Instagram allows you to block easily i Comments of these types of users. Follow the instructions we will give you shortly.
- Access the application from your mobile or PC
- Go to your profile and open the menu
- Press where it says "settings"
- Then click on 'privacy'
- Once there, go to the interactions section
- Here you will see the «comments»; within this will appear the options of: block comment; manual filter and; hide offensive comments
- Select the one you want, if it's the first, you need to locate the user and that's it
Other methods of blocking messages
Set your profile to private to avoid unwanted messages
Although blocking other users is not a bad idea but it can be boring, as if there are too many users following the user or not who want to stay in peace, then the other option that may work for the user it's on your profile ; Although a non-definitive option may be for some users, turning their account into a private profile, which is useful to some and not so much to others, although there is another option.
Make your messages appear as chats or not
The coveted privacy of an online user can sometimes be lacking, but in the case of Instagram there are several options to ensure the privacy of a person, or it simply allows you to better regulate the messages, making sure that the messages no longer appear directly as a Chat.
- As in the previous option, you just need to open the application but instead of accessing the messaging service, you need to enter your profile, where all the usual options will appear.
- Among the various options, the 'Settings' most important ones will appear in the background .
- You have to enter the account settings, in the upper right corner, where you can see many options and possible things to do, the first option to select is the tab ‘privacy’.
- Entering the privacy tab, you can see some options by going down the 'Messages' tab, where there are several options to select whether you want the received messages to appear as chat or not.
The user can decide between different options as he likes, the 'Request' option will ensure that the messages received by the user no longer appear in the main chat bar as conversations but will appear as requests that can be rejected or accepted.
If I turn off Instagram messages, can I retrieve the chats later?
By deactivating or deleting the messages of some users from your Instagram, you can recover them by generating a backup provided by the app itself. We offer you a simple and detailed solution so that you can apply it at any time you see fit.
To get started, open the application on your mobile or computer, enter your profile. Then go to the settings part (top of the screen); enter 'settings' and then 'security'. While you are there, go to data and history and subsequently to where it says "Download data".
At this point Instagram will ask you to provide your password for the social network and an email where you will receive detailed information not only about your messages; but also other components such as photos, reels, saved and / or published contents, videos, likes, requests, comments, etc… In this way you will be able to recover them more easily; This is exactly the same if you do it from an Android or iOS mobile and even from any PC.