How to block the SIM of the mobile phone in case of theft or loss? - Very easy
We know that anyone can be exposed to theft or loss of their mobile, therefore protect your telephone line if these eventualities occur it is something that has no comparison. Sometimes we know that it took a lot of effort to get a SIM card. It's also much more convenient to keep the same phone line, be it personal or business.
You need to know that the procedure we will show you below, for block the SIM card of your mobile phone in case of theft or loss, it is very simple to apply, and you can do it with any cell phone company you have. We will present three alternatives:
First method to block the SIM card in case of theft or loss
In some countries there is the possibility of requesting the company to block the mobile phone, which includes the SIM card, directly. This can be done through an IMEI, which is nothing more than a unique identification number that the company gives you.
This implies call the company to block the connection of the mobile phone at the time of theft or loss, which can be activated when the line is reactivated. But if the companies in your country don't offer you this service, don't worry, because the following two methods will guide you so that you can do it from your mobile.
Second method of SIM lock
- By inserting the SIM in your mobile, go to Settings.
- Now click on Security and location, if you don't have this section or can't find it, go to search engine, place your SIM card. In the list of options, select what is related to the SIM card lock and press there.
- In the next window, click Define SIM lock or Lock SIM.
- The next window will ask you to enter your current SIM card PIN, after which you must enter it or you can create it at that time, click OK. Or you may see the option Lock SIM card with a PIN code, you need to activate it or enter the PIN directly.
- In the next window you will be asked to verify the PIN code entered, enter it again and then click accept.
- On some cell phone models, you will be prompted to click Finish.
Third method to block the SIM in case of theft or loss
- With the SIM card in your mobile, go to Settings.
- Look for the Biometrics and Security option.
- In the next window, click More Security Settings.
- Finally, activate the SIM lock option and click OK.
With any of these methods if your mobile phone is lost or stolen, you can rest assured that no one will be able to access it with your phone line. as it will be blocked with three failed attempts to enter the PIN code. However, don't forget to call the company to report the loss or theft so they can block it and you can recover your line later.
Although of course none of us can control the theft or loss of a mobile, with how to block the SIM card of my mobile in case of theft or loss? - Very easy, we can predict a lot, save us inconvenience and future headaches.