With the help that we will provide you below, you will be able to better manage the options that Regedit offers us. Plus, you'll impress others with yours new wonderful wallpaper and how you set it up. We assure you that you will not regret reading on. Next, you may want to block background modification with regedit.
How to change the wallpaper in Windows with Regedit?
Windows gives us a large number of options that make it a great one operating system, in fact one of the most used today. Not only does it allow us to use it for basic functions, but it gives us the opportunity to greatly customize its appearance to our liking and convenience. And one way to achieve this is with the help of Regedit.
This file found in Windows allows you to modify or configure codes, values and keys that serve as the basis for the operation of the operating system.
By placing this file, we enter the system's native registry editor, which already gives us an idea of everything we can modify or do within it.
And in fact it is possible to modify the Regedit registers to change the background of our computer. If this is what you want to do, but you don't know how to do it, no problem, because with the steps that we will give you below you will make it happen. quickly and easily.
Steps to change Windows wallpaper with Regedit
Like many of the features and options that Windows offers us, Regedit it is very easy to use with practice. While you may not have much experience with these things or it is difficult for you to understand them, here we show you how easy it is to understand how this file works.
The steps you need to follow for change the background through Regedit are:
- First of all, select the image you want to use as your new wallpaper, regardless of whether you have saved it or need to download it.
- Then click "Start".
- Select the "Run" option, until you see a text box.
- In the same box, type “REGEDIT”.
- Click on "Enter", which will take you to the Windows Registry Editor.
- Look for the key named “HKEY_CURRENT_USUARIO / Control Panel / Desktop”.
- Then, find the registry value named / "Background" /.
- Then, double click on it.
- After doing that, replace the location of the image that you currently have as wallpaper with the position you want to use.
- Finally, click / "OK" / to confirm everything you've done.
That's all! As you will see, it is very easy to change the Windows wallpaper from Regedit. Of course, if you have any questions or problems while running, we recommend that you visit the official Microsoft support page to get information on how your operating system works.
How to know the location of an image in Windows?
When we will change a background from Regedit, it is necessary to know the exact position of the image that we want to set as protection. But, to find out such a position, there are a few simple steps that you have to follow. These steps are:
- First, go on Explore resources and find the image you want to use.
- Right click on the image in question and select "Properties".
- Find its location among the properties.
- Copy and paste it into the Regedit panel.
After following these steps, you can be sure that you have the exact location of the image you want to use. This way you will be able to change the Windows desktop background using Regedit.
We invite you to continue learning about this wonderful e useful tool that Windows offers us and to make the most of all the options available with Regedit. To do this, you may want to learn how to enable or disable Windows Fast Startup using this tool.