Is it possible to compress PDF files?
The PDF format is one of the most common for distribution of books and other similar documents. In most cases it includes text only, which means that its weight is generally low. Even so, on other occasions, PDF files tend to be quite large.
In many cases, the difference in size between PDFs is due to the inclusion of images, as graphics tend to greatly increase the size of documents. This is where the problem of PDF compression.
Indeed, there are ways to compress images, which in other words indicates that a PDF can be compressed. Next, we will show you two online methods to perform this process, but first you need to know how to convert an XPS to a PDF if you have it in that format.
Reduce the size of a PDF file with ILovePDF
ILovePDF's website is a great way to compress our PDF files in the easiest way possible. The system has a very good compression ratio, which makes it optimal if you want save space on your computer or mobile device.
As we have pointed out earlier, the main advantage of this service is that it can be used very easily. To compress your PDF files with ILovePDF read the following guide:
- The first thing is to log into the iLovePDF website. To do this, click on «Compress PDF files with ILovePDF».
- Once you are on the next page you will find the button "Select PDF file", just click on it and search for the PDF document you want to compress.
- When you load the document, it will appear on the screen, click the button "Compress PDF" to start compression.
- Once the process is complete, the system should automatically start the download. If not, just click the button «Download optimized PDF».
It is so easy to reduce the size of PDF files with ILovePDF. Remember that you can also convert a PDF to an editable DWG online, similar to the previous process.
Reduce the size of a PDF file with Smallpdf
Smallpdf is another great website that allows you to compress files in PDF format. It is a recommended option if you are not convinced by proposals such as ILovePDF. The most interesting thing about this page is that it allows us to access two types of compression. A basic compression and another compression that focuses on quality.
If you want to use the ILovePDF platform to compress your documents in PDF format, read the following guide with which you will learn how to do it:
- The first step is to log into the Smallpdf site.
- After doing the above, you will go to the Smallpdf website. You will see the button appear "Choose file". To add documents in PDF format, simply click this button.
- Now locate the PDF document you want to convert.
- Once the file has been uploaded successfully, the compression options presented by Smallpdf will be displayed. As we pointed out earlier, we have two options, "Basic compression" e "Great compression".
- Basic compression will allow you to compress the file without losing too much quality, in other words, the quality will be high. On the other hand, Big Compression, as the name suggests, will allow for higher caliber compression, but the quality will be relatively lower.
- Select the option that suits you best and click «Choose option». Once this is done you can access the download of the file. To do this, press «Download file» and save it to your computer.
Most Interesting Articles
- how to watch and download movies and series in 2023 with telegram
- best telegram channels to watch formula 1 live and free 2023
- best telegram channels to watch motogp free and live 2023
- best telegram channels to watch free live tennis 2023
- best telegram channels to watch all the free live soccer 2023