The fact that no major changes have been made in its latest update indicates that Word is a really useful word processor in every situation. His versatility and wide arsenal of tools definitely place him as one of the Microsoft Office programs most used .
The use of Word doesn't stop just with writing and positioning images. To date, there are multiple tools to convert PDF files from Word, as well as convert PDF documents to Word.
Image in word
Fortunately, there is always a group of enterprising people who follow their instincts and try to develop new tools that can make this job more bearable.
Through this article, in addition to scanning and editing a document using Word, you will be able to explore the alternatives that exist to be able to convert a scanned file or image into a Word document without having to go through a process of downloading some files.
The first thing to keep in mind and the most recommended is that the scanned image is in PDF format, in order to convert it into a Word file. However, there are options that can work just as well with JPG, PNG images, among others.
There are few alternatives for convert a scanned image into a Word document without the need for programs or online platforms. However, here you will find one of the few ways that can exist. It's easy, straightforward, and arguably one of the best.
If the file you are trying to convert to a Word document is in PDF format (as recommended above), the step to follow is very simple:
- Right click on the file.
- Find the option Open with…
- Select Microsoft Word
- Following these steps, a window will appear on your screen warning you that you are about to convert a PDF file to a Word file, which may take some time depending on the weight of the file.
- In a few minutes, the Word document will open.
One of the options that frees you from downloading programs are online platforms. Online2pdf is a great option that also allows you to convert file PowerPoint in PDF.
Also convert multiple files into one. The maximum weight allowed is between 100 and 150 MB. To proceed on this page, follow these steps:
- Open your file explorer and select the images you want to convert in the web portal. Or you can click Select Files and, once the File Explorer window opens, select them.
- Click the Convert option and wait for the page to analyze the image or images you entered.
- Once the scan is complete, your file should be downloaded automatically. All you have to do is open it to see how accurately the text has been transferred into word format.
Free online OCR
Another good alternative you can find on the web to convert your scanned images into a Word document. On this platform, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- Enter their website: www.newocr.com.
- Click the Select File option.
- Once File Explorer opens, locate and select the file you are about to convert to a Word document.
- Having already selected the file to convert, click on the tab Upload + OCR.
- The platform will begin analyzing the readable text in the scanned file to translate it into a Word document.
- When the analysis is complete, click on the option Download. A menu will appear in which you will choose: Microsoft Word (Doc).
- The download of the file will start, you just have to open it to check that everything is fine, as it probably has errors.
Learn in a very simple and practical way to convert your PowerPoint file into a Word document here and immediately avoid future conversion and compatibility problems of the program.