Rest assured that with this tutorial there is absolutely no risk. So, if you don't do it right at first, you can try again from scratch without any kind of problem.
With this tutorial you will be able to create lists of many files that you have in a folder. It is quite interesting as the list is created automatically. Imagine for a second that you have to create a list of more than 100 files you have in a folder Crazy right?
But can you imagine being able to create such a list in less than 2 minutes? With this method you will be able to do it quickly, conveniently and effortlessly. Because with just a few clicks and typing some too simple commands you will get a list in a notepad in minutes.
Working with multiple files in bulk is quicker and easier than individually, especially if, for example, you want to rename multiple files.
How to copy a list of files from a folder in Windows
One of the files you want to copy may not be displayed on the screen, this may be due to the fact that the file is hidden, to solve this problem you can download Windows compatible programs.
- Press the keys " Windows ”+“ R ". You will appreciate a small window called " Run ".
- In this window you will have to type " cmd ”And press“ Enter ”. You will see that the “Command Prompt” opens, which is a completely black window.
- Here you will have to write " cd ”And the path to the folder where the files you want to copy are in a list. Eg: " cd C: UtentirobertoDocumentiMusica "And press" Submit ".
- Next, you will have to type " dir / b> list.txt ”and press“ Enter ". What this command will do is create a file called list.txt in the folder we talked about earlier.
- Now if you open this file with Windows notepad you will see that each of the lines belongs to a file name that you had in that folder.
- If you want to copy the entire list, simply press " Ctrl + E "So that everything is selected and then press" Ctrl + C "To copy. You can also right-click on the selection and click Copy in the pop-up menu.
- Now you have to open Excel or where you want to paste the files and simply press " Ctrl + V ”To paste the entire list of files into that folder in this way.
You may not know this, but another way to quickly copy files is to copy the file list from the context menu.
Copy multiple files from a Windows folder
As you can see, this is a pretty quick and easy way to copy a list of files from a folder with one click in Windows. It is the simplest and most accessible method of carrying out the process. It is not complicated.
If you follow the steps to the letter, you can quickly copy all those files as if they were a list. In case you have a lot of songs, for example. It is quite useful to make a list of these and pass it on to a friend, etc.
We hope it became clear to you how to create a list of files in a folder in windows in a simple and above all fast way. Remember that if you have any kind of doubt about this tutorial you can leave it in the comments section that you will find a little further down.
And if you want to know more about Windows tricks that may interest you a lot, we recommend that you continue to visit our blog where we publish new and detailed content every day on tutorials, tricks and guides on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android among others..
Most Interesting Articles
- best telegram channels to watch formula 1 live and free 2023
- best telegram channels to watch free live tennis 2023
- best telegram channels to watch motogp free and live 2023
- best telegram channels to watch all the free live soccer 2023
- how to watch and download movies and series in 2023 with telegram