In 2012 Nintendo launched a platform compatible with Wii system and Nintendo 3DS, through which users had the opportunity to play their favorite video games against some of the more than 26 million members who make up this platform.
Nintendo Network on 3DS consoles
For these types of consoles, create an account on the Nintendo Network platform it is a fairly simple procedure. To do this, use the Home button to locate the Miiverse icon.
This is a platform that allows users to comment on their experiences with the different video games they were able to enjoy through the console. To create a Nintendo Network Account via Miiverse, you will need to:
- Once you are inside the Miiverse interface on your Nintendo 3DS, click on an icon located at the top right of your touch screen.
- A window will appear in which you can see, in the lower right corner of the screen, a button with the option "Link an ID".
- By pressing this button, a new window will appear requesting confirmation of login via a Nintendo Network ID, which you will choose to accept.
- Some windows will be displayed with information and explanations on what the Nintendo Network is made up of, with some interesting information for parents and guardians.
- There will come a point where two options will appear: link an existing account or create a new one.
- Accept all terms and conditions.
- Enter your date of birth and other personal data requested by the platform.
- Continue with the permissions until you reach the part where you can link the Nintendo Network account to your 3DS.
This way you can already play online, download and install updates and applications, as well as download videos.
Nintendo Network and Wii U
For this type of console the procedure is a bit different, due to the interface it presents, however, it is not complicated at all.
- Find the "User Selection" option on your console.
- Select the "User Settings" button.
- Then, you will be able to see a new button with the description «User information», which you will select.
- You have to press the «Follow» button in the windows that will be progressively presented on your screen.
- As in the previous process, you will reach a point where you will find the option to link a Nintendo Network ID, where you will later select the option to create a new user.
- Provide all information required by Nintendo for user creation. This part does not vary much from the previous one.
- Grant all permissions and accepts all Nintendo conditions for the use of the service.
Finally, yours Nintendo Network ID it will be connected to your Wii U and you can start enjoying, in the same way, all the advantages and benefits that it can bring you together with the Miiverse platform.
The first option of both procedures (Link Existing Nintendo Network ID) has not been described above, as the goal of this article is to create a new Nintendo Network ID. However, you can link an existing account. But it is a process that requires extreme attention.
In both cases, the information provided on the existing Nintendo Network they must be accurate. Since, in case of an error in one of the characters, both username and password, access could be blocked, for example, having to format the Nintendo 3DS.