To create your page in Blogger you just need a Google or Gmail account that will allow you to access it totally free. When you log in for the first time, you will be asked to enter a username and you will be shown the option to create your own blog. Creating a portfolio on Blogger is very simple following the steps you will read below:
- Open your Blogger account.
- Click on the "Schedule" tab, located at the top left of your blog.
- Select the "New Blog" option. It will show you a window called "Blog List-Create New Blog".
- In the blank next to the word ¨Title¨, enter the subject of your portfolio.
- In the space next to "Address", enter the address where you will find yourself online, and with which you have identified your blog, in lowercase characters and without spaces.
- Select one of the predefined templates in the “Themes” section. You can change them according to your personality and the purpose for which you are creating your project.
- Click the "Create Blog" button.
- Go to the main Blogger page.
- Go to the tab at the top left, ¨Ver blog¨.
- A new tab will open where you can check if your blog or portfolio has been created correctly.
Many people use Blogger as a platform to express their ideas, dreams or goals, but they don't really want anyone to see them or they want to target a very small audience. If that's the case for you, you can always make your blog private so they can't access it freely.
Create a portfolio with interesting and eye-catching posts on a Blogger page
When you enter the blog you created you will notice that you will receive a message that says: No posts were found. To change this status, close the tab you opened in step 9 and on the main Blogger page click "New Post".
In the blank next to "Input", enter a name to identify it. Then enter the text you want into the blank document and customize it with the font, color or format that you prefer. You can add images or even insert MP3 files into your blog so that your users have an experience that covers all the senses.
If you want to use a video in your post, you can select the ¨Video¨ icon, located in the menu at the top of the document and choose from these three options:
"Suffering", "From Youtube" and "My Youtube Videos". To add a photo, select the "Image" icon and choose where to add it from: "Upload", "From this blog", "From the Google album archive", "From your phone", "From your webcam" or "From a URL¨.
The next thing you will need to do is configure your input. To do this, use the options on the right side of the item you are working on.
Then click "Preview" to see what your wallet is like. Then click the "Publish" button. If you have chosen the dynamic template, once entered, you can choose the style you prefer that your portfolio has selecting one of the options that Blogger presents:
Embed static pages in your blog
Static pages they will give your blog more aesthetics and professionalism. Furthermore, those interested in your portfolio will be able to view it more easily and in an organized way. To incorporate them, do the following:
- Enter the ¨Design¨ option in Blogger.
- Click on “Add Gadget”.
- Select the "+" icon from the "Pages" option.
- Replace the phrase "Homepage" with "Home".
- In the "Add an external link" section, add the name and web address of the items you have created for your portfolio.
By following these instructions and tips you can be successful when create a portfolio on a Blogger page and have many visits and followers in a short time. And if you also want to receive money for visits, you can put Adsense ads in the middle of the entries and charge for it.