How to easily insert or add commands in Minecraft
If you want to enter a command in a Minecraft game, you just have to press the «C», «T» or «Enter» key on your keyboard. The game's chat bar will then open at the bottom of the interface.
There you have to write the commands you want to execute. It should be noted that the forward slash symbol «/» must be entered before any command. Otherwise nothing will happen.
Nothing happens when you press one of the keys? This happens because the commands are disabled for the world you are playing in.
In previous versions of the game it was possible to change this setting by pressing «Esc», selecting «Open in LAN» and «Allow cheats». In the latest versions of Minecraft this option has been removed, so you won't be able to enable cheats in a created world.
So the important thing is that when you create a new world in survival mode you should make sure you enable this option. To do this, scroll down to the "Game Settings" section and enable the "Enable Cheats" option. Obviously, keep in mind that by enabling the controls, you will not be able to unlock or win any achievements or trophies.
Check out these useful Minecraft commands
Once you know how to add commands in Minecraft, now the question is what to write. Therefore, below we will show you some commands that will help you to control many aspects of the game. They are grouped into sections for better understanding.
Request information about a command
Let's start with one of the most useful. If you come across a command that isn't explained below and want to learn how to use it, you can ask the game itself by running the following: "/ Help (command name)". Next you will see a brief description of the command in question and instructions for using it correctly.
Switch game modes
- Survival mode: «/ gamemode 0».
- Creative mode: «/ gamemode 1».
- Adventure mode: «/ gamemode 2».
- Spectator mode: «/ gamemode 3».
Change the difficulty of the game
By their very nature, these commands they only alter the difficulty of the game in survival mode. That way, the harder it is, the more damage entities will do, the harder it will be to recover from injury and the harder it will be to get resources, by the way.
- Pacific: «/ peaceful difficulty».
- Easy: «/ easy difficulty».
- Normal: «normal / difficulty».
- Difficult: «/ difficult difficulty».
Customize the time and time
If you like to go out and explore the world only at a certain time, these commands will enchant you, as they will allow you to change the now in your Minecraft world.
- Sunrise: «/ set time 0».
- Noon: «/ set time 6000».
- Sunset: «/ set time 12000».
- Midnight: «/ set time 18000».
- Eliminate day-night cycle: "/ gamerule doDaylightCycle false".
- Reset time: "/ time query gametime".
If you like a particular climate, you can also do it join while playing. To do this, use these commands. Of course, if the time you want isn't on this list, search the Internet for its code name.
- Clear: «/ clear weather».
- Sunny: «/ sunny weather».
- Rain: «/ rain».
- Electric storm: «/ stormy weather».
Interaction with your environment, entity and other players
From merging objects at will to teleportation. The commands in Minecraft they practically make you a god in your world as you will have the ability to fly and you will be practically immortal.
- Summon Enemies: "/ summon (enemy's name) (coordinates)".
- Kill entity: «/ kill (name of player or entity to be killed)».
- Teleport to your character or another player: «/ tp (player name) (coordinates)».
- Keep inventory on death: "/ gamerule keepinventory true".
- Freeze all entities around you: «/ freeze».
- Melt all the objects around you: «/ overheat».
It was just a few commands. With this fantastic tool you can customize almost every aspect of the game. We hope you make the most of it.TagsMinecraft