Google's DNS servers are public and free. They work very well and in most cases you will notice a fairly significant improvement in speed. Fortunately, setting them up is something too simple that it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.
Below, you can enjoy a detailed step-by-step tutorial with everything you need to do to quickly set up Google DNS in Windows 10 and thus improve your browsing speed.
How to change DNS in Google in Windows 10
- The first thing to do is to press the button " Windows "On the keyboard or go to" Start ”At the bottom left of the operating system.
- Click the gear icon on the left side. A new window opens " Settings ".
- Here we will go up " Rete and Internet ".
- In this new page we have to click on " State ”Located in the left sidebar.
- Then we go down until you see the option " Center of networks and shared resources ".
- In this new window we will have to go to “Change adapter settings” located on the left side.
- A new window opens where we will see our connection. If it is via a wireless network we will see an icon of " Wi-Fi "And if it is via cable we will see the icon of" Ethernet ".
- Right-click on the connection currently in use and then choose " Property ".
- In ” This connection uses the following elements: "You will have to identify" Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) ”And click. Below you will see that the " Property ”Is enabled and you will also be able to click on it.
- Another window opens and at the bottom we have to select "Use the following DNS server addresses"
- Once done, the boxes below are enabled to enter Google DNS addresses: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168. You have to enter the first part at the top and the second at the bottom.
- Then simply press " Accept ”In all windows and wait a few seconds.
How to set up Google's public DNS in Windows 10
- The next thing we'll do is do the same, but with " Internet Protocol 6 (TCP / IPv6) "Click and then on the button" Property ".
- A new window will open the same as the previous one and we will have to select "Use the following DNS server addresses" again. What we need to do now is to use these addresses: 2001: 4860: 4860:: 8888 and 2001: 4860: 4860:: 8844.
- Once the addresses have been entered, what we will do is " To accept ”Again all windows and the configuration will be saved in the operating system. While you shouldn't need to restart it, you lose nothing in doing so. So we recommend doing it.
Your internet speed should now be significantly improved and you will be able to browse much faster than before. Google's DNS servers generally respond faster than your ISP gives you.
As you can see, it is quite easy to learn to easily configure Google Public DNS in Windows 10. In case you want to go back to the settings you had before. The only thing you will need to do is repeat the whole process and select DNS to be detected automatically.
Don't worry you can make as many changes as you like without any kind of problem and in case something doesn't work as it should. Apply automatic DNS and that's it.