Therefore, it is essential that you keep your account safe not to waste all that time invested and in case of acquiring a Battle Pass, not even the money you have invested in the game.
Maintaining a good level of security on your account isn't complicated at all. Ideally, you should enable two-step authentication. In this way, even if someone discovers your password, they will not be able to log into your account, do you want to know how to do it? We will see how to activate the authentication in two steps in Fortnite in a few steps below.
How to activate two-step verification in Fortnite
- After registering your account you will need to log into your profile.
- Log in with your account and then you will have to go to the bottom where it says " Two-step authentication ".
- Here you will see two options: activate the authentication application or email authentication.
- The best option is to use e-mail. In case you haven't activated your account, they will still send you an email to do so and you will need to follow their instructions before activating XNUMX-Step Verification.
- If you have already activated it, you will need to click on " Enable authentication ”And an email with a code will be sent to you.
- The code in question must be entered when you log in with your Epic account on any device that you have not logged in on for more than thirty days.
This method is considerably secure, as if they discover the password for your Epic account, they won't be able to access it because they won't have the code. Ideally, your email password shouldn't be the same one you use at Epic Games.
How to improve security on my Fortnite account
It is very important that you take into consideration the tips we will give you below, to improve the security of your Epic Games and Fortnite account.
When creating a password, try not to use your data, any of your data. Not your name, date of birth, address, telephone, etc. In case you decide to use any of your data, try combining it with something that has nothing to do with you.
As mentioned above, don't use the same password on your Epic account and on your email. Because in this way two-step verification would be useless. To make each password as secure as possible, we recommend using a combination of uppercase, lowercase letters, numbers and, if possible, signs. To avoid any kind of brute force intrusion.
You should always have the latest version of Fortnite installed on your device. Also, never connect to the internet via public networks, as this would expose not just your Epic account, but everything you have on yours. computer.
Maintaining the security of your accounts is your responsibility. Inside everything, it's not that hard to be sure. Keep your antivirus always up to date and working. Also, do not enter your login details anywhere, always on official websites. Although it is also possible, after activating it on consoles such as PS4, to deactivate this security featureTagsFortnite