Do you want to erase all data stored on your Xbox 360 console? So we recommend that you read the following guide in which we will teach how to format and factory reset an Xbox 360.
The format of the disc and the Xbox 360 console
When we talk about disk formatting, we refer to that operation in which all the information on a hard disk or storage unit is deleted. In other words, formatting a storage drive involves restoring the factory settings it had.
Formatting a storage drive can be helpful in case of operating system problems, at least for computers. However, various devices, such as consoles, also have options that allow you to format and factory reset storage drives.
What is the purpose of factory reset an Xbox 360 console?
The Xbox 360 console, like many other current technology devices, has a storage drive or hard drive, one space where user information is stored, such as video games, music and many other documents.
However, for certain situations, it is highly recommended that you format the storage drive completely. However, if you do not prefer to include improvements in graphics quality or greater clarity, the Xbox 360 console update may be the best alternative.
On the other hand, if you prefer to format the drive, make sure the equipment is delivered as if it came out of the factory, it will also protect any personal information that may be on the storage drive.
Regardless of the reasons for formatting and factory resetting one console Xbox 360, the truth is, knowing the procedure is helpful. That said, we recommend that you carefully read the following guide in which we will talk about it.
How to format and factory reset Xbox 360
Formatting and exiting the factory console it is useful in various circumstances, before that you need to know the method to apply this configuration. By reading the following guide you will learn the process step by step.
Format the Xbox 360 console
- The first step is to turn on the console. So go to the main menu, then go to options “Settings”, one section that you will find by scrolling all the way to the right within the main menu of your Xbox 360.
- Once you are in the adjustment settings, you need to locate the “System” section, click on that option.
- All configuration options available for the console system will be displayed on the screen, go to “Storage” here.
- Pressing on the “Storage” section will show the main memory drive and also those games stored in the cloud. This time we have to focus on "Memory unit", accessing the advanced options, to do so, press the “Y” button.
- After pressing the “Y” button, the settings related to the memory device will appear. Go to section "Format" and press button "A".
- A confirmation will appear on the screen asking if you want to erase all content on the hard drive. You need to select “Yes” by pressing il button "TO".
- Wait until the process is complete, the duration of which will depend precisely on the capacity of your Xbox 360 console. After that, a confirmation will appear on the screen, after which you will need to restart the console, for this, click on the option "Restart console" and wait for the system restart to complete successfully.
After the above process, you will have completely erased all information stored on your Xbox 360's hard drive, so no one will be able to access the personal information previously stored on the game console. If you need more storage space on your PC, you can connect and use the Xbox 360 hard drive to take advantage of the features of this console.