With the arrival of Season 4's Fortnite for Android phones, many have found that the news is not you arrive automatically to the game like before.
The reason behind this problem is none other than Google's decision to remove the game from Google Play, so that the new versions are no longer available for download, since Epic Games no longer has the option to send game updates to users.
Luckily, on Android it is still possible to update Fortnite on mobile phones, thanks to the “open” ecosystem provided by the Google operating system, and the possibility for Epic Games to distribute its game through third-party stores. In this guide we explain to you how to install the Epic Games version of Fortnite al instead of that of Google, to enjoy the news of the 4 season and future updates.
Fortnite is no longer on Google Play, but it is still possible to install the game on Android.
How to know what Fortnite you have?
First and foremost the best thing is that you make sure of the Fortnite version that you have installed on your mobile: if you have currently installed the game through the Fortnite page you will have no problems, but if you did this from Google Play, you probably need to switch between versions.
In software from some manufacturers, such as Samsung or Huawei, check the origin of applications is simple. You just have to follow these steps.
- Open the system settings and go to the «Applications» section.
- Tap the app you want to check. In this case, Fortnite.
- Scroll down to the section called "App Store Details".
If an app was downloaded from Google Play, this is what will appear in the settings menu.
If in this section appears " Downloaded app from the Googlke Play Store »Or similar, you will need to switch to using the Epic Games version. If not, you may not need to install the new version as the apps will automatically arrive in the game.
Why it is better to download Fortnite from Epic
If you decide to stick with the "Google Play version" of Fortnite, don't you will enjoy some benefits of other players will enjoy.
To begin, you will not have access to the new features introduced by the new seasons of the game. In the case of Chapter 2 of Season 4, those players using the Google Play versions cannot enjoy the weapons and skills that are introduced alongside the superheroes of the Marvel Avengers saga.
On top of that, Epic Games explains that players won't be able to receive gifts on Android if they use the version downloaded from the Play Store, but will need to access the game from an alternative platform.
How to switch from Google Play's Fortnite to Epic?
Fortunately for Fortnite players around the world, switch between versions of Fortnite for Android it's child's play. Depending on the mobile phone you use, as long as it is compatible, you will have to use an alternative app store or another.
In any case, you can find the steps to install Fortnite from outside of Google Play in our guide. Let's look at the process below:
- If you are using a Samsung mobile.
- Go to the Samsung Galaxy Store and download the Epic Games app on your mobile.
- When the app has been installed, open it and tap Fortnite on the home screen.
- Download and install the game on your mobile.
- If you use another mobile
- Make sure you have the option of unknown sources or sources activated on your mobile to be able to install apps downloaded from the Internet.
- Go to the game download page on the Epic Games website
- Tap the button that says "Download it in the Epic Games app".
- Manually install the APK, the app that will be automatically downloaded to your mobile.
- Go to the main screen and find the newly installed «Epic Games» app. Open it.
- On the app's home screen, tap Fortnite, then tap the yellow button that says 'Install'.
- Wait for the download to complete and accept the game installation.
That's all. At the end, you will have installed the Epic Games version of Fortnite and you will automatically receive updates with all the news coming to the battle royale.