How to make a secret door in Minecraft with sticky pistons?
When playing Minecraft, something vital to fully enjoy the game is learn how to use all those tricks and mechanisms which make the game much more fun. In this case, a secret door with sticky pistons can be a unique detail to your epic modern Minecraft mansion or retreat.
But something you need to remember is that you need to know how update Minecraft to the latest version to be able to make this door correctly. In this way, you will be able to get the most out of all the materials and resources that this wonderful and fun video game offers us.
What materials do you need to make a sticky piston door?
To start making this epic door, you need to know what materials are needed to make it. That's why, below, we show you what you need to build a secret door with sticky pistons in Minecraft.
- A red stone torch.
- 2 red stone repeaters.
- One lever.
- 6 redstone powder.
- The material of the door, that is, the one that blends best.
- A previously created place, such as a cave or mountain, or at least 20 wall blocks.
- And of course build or build sticky pistons, with a total of 12 being specific.
Steps to follow to make a door with sticky pistons
While making this door may seem a bit complicated at first, you'll find it actually is very simple to manufacture. Now we will show you what steps you need to follow to make this hidden door the easiest and fastest way of all. The steps you need to follow are:
- To begin, position yourself in the space where you want the door to go and make a 2 × 2 square with sticky pistons.
- Now, place a 2 × 1 piston column still made up of the box above, at a 90 degree angle.
- Once this is done, place the blocks of the material you will use for the door in the space that was between the pistons.
- Count two blocks and repeat the steps so that both sides of the door are ready.
- Build a wall of 4 blocks wide by 6 high. This wall will obviously perform the function of hiding the pistons, leaving a 2 × 2 space between the two sides of the door.
- To connect the two sides of the door, start by placing blocks of whatever material you connect them.
- On top of those blocks put two redstone repeaters. Make sure you put them right on top of the pistons.
- Put the repeaters on the second delay level.
- Join the repeaters with a line of redstone dust.
- Now, put the red stone torch above the door, that is, on one of the blocks above.
- Remember the block where you put the flashlight, as now you need to put a lever on it, but from the outside.
That's all! Now all you have to do is a lever with a simple mechanism, every time you want to use the door. Also, you can blend it with the environment as you please.