Having to recover accidentally deleted photos or videos on an Android phone can become a very tedious process, especially if the content to be recovered was deleted some time ago. For this reason, manufacturers like Samsung have decided to implement tools that allow you to recover easily deleted images and videos.
If you have a Samsung mobile and you need recover a deleted image or video that you have deleted, intentionally or by mistake, today we explain the steps you need to follow to be able to do it easily.
Take a photo with a Samsung mobile.
Recover deleted content from your Samsung mobile
recover deleted contents from a Samsung mobile, you will need to use it trash can tool where the deleted images and videos from the gallery go.
This basket is present in all Samsung Galaxy phones with an Android version equal to or greater than Android 9 Pie.
In case you meet this requirement, the steps you need to follow to recover pictures or videos are the following:
- Open your mobile's gallery application.
- Tap the menu icon at the bottom right, represented by three dots. On some older phones, this menu may be located in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Access the "Trash" section.
- You will see all deleted pictures and videos. Tap the image or video you want to recover or long press to choose multiple images and videos.
- To finish, tap the “Reset” button and wait for the process to complete.
When I finish, the images and videos you recovered will be available again in the mobile gallery.
It is worth mentioning that the Samsung mobile trash bin archive content only for 30 days and permanently delete all images and videos that have been sent to the recycle bin once that limit is exceeded. Then, recovering the photos or videos will be more difficult and you will have to resort to more advanced tools. A good way to avoid losing this type of content is to perform full backups on a frequent basis.