One of the most useful and least used functions of WhatsApp and the search integrated into the application. Thanks to it you can find messages, images, videos, links and any other type of content that you need to find.
Not everyone knows how to use this tool to get the most out of it. Therefore, today we will explain how you should search for WhatsApp in the best possible way for find messages and everything you are looking for.
WhatsApp allows you to quickly search for messages.
How to search in chats or groups
The most common during the search on WhatsApp è use search in chats and groups, which allows you to find specific messages. To use it, this is what you need to do:
- Open the WhatsApp app and enter the conversation where you want to find a message.
- Tap the menu icon in the top right corner.
- Select the "Search" option.
- Enter the text of the message you want to find.
- To search for previous or next messages, tap the up or down arrows in the top right corner.
Unfortunately for now there is no way to search for messages on WhatsApp by date, even though we know that the company is working on the implementation of this function. In the meantime, you'll have to make do of text searches.
How to search all conversations at the same time
In addition to allowing you to search for messages in chats and groups, WhatsApp also includes a tool global research which allows you to find all kinds of content in the application.
Thanks to this function it is possible search for messages, photos, videos, links, GIFs, audios, and documents in all chats of the application in a simpler and faster way. Something very useful when we need to find a specific message or file, but we don't remember which conversation he's in.
search all conversations from WhatsApp to the web, these are the steps to follow:
- Open the WhatsApp app and tap the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter the message text, file name or contact name.
- Tap the search result you want to go to the message in the corresponding conversation.
Regardless of what kind of search you want to do, this second way is likely to be more practical in most situations, since it allows you to find files and messages of all kinds.
Before concluding, it is necessary to remember the importance of creating a backup copy of WhatsApp, so that it is possible keep messages safe at all times and it is possible to search for them, even if the application is uninstalled or we change mobile phones.