Steps to share an Instagram post in my story
Before sharing an Instagram post about your story you need to know two things:
- First, you can only share posts from public accounts, which must have the option "Allow sharing" active . This option will allow any user to have the ability to share publications.
- Secondly, you can share the story of other users in your story, only if that user has the “Allow sharing” option enabled in their story controls. Also, said user must mention you in his story; If these two conditions are not met, you will never be able to repost another user's story.
Something important you can take into consideration is that you can hide your stories from a person, who you don't want to see that information. Next, you'll need to perform these steps to share the information in your story:
- Log in to the Instagram app from your mobile device.
- Select the post you want to share in your story.
- Below the image you will see three icons; click on the icon of a paper airplane (Send).
- Then you will see a menu on the screen, select "Add publication to your story".
- In this menu you can also share the publication via chat on Instagram Direct.
- The publication will appear in the editor of the instagram stories ; where you can give an original touch to the publication with stickers, text, make drawings, add color and animated GIFs.
- You can also change the size and position of the image; that means; you can move it, rotate it, make it smaller or larger.
Something you can add to your Instagram profile is, put quick reactions and like stories. And after editing the image you want to mount in your story, follow these steps:
- When you're done editing the image to your liking, click the button "Send to" located in the lower right corner.
- You will see a new menu called “Share” there you have to look for the “History” section.
- In this section you will see the “Your Story” option and on the right side a blue button "Share", click that button.
- You will now see that this button will change to Shared indicating that the post has already been shared in your story. To complete the process, click the blue “Done” button at the bottom of the screen.
Followers who see your story will be able to click on the publication and they will see that a comic appears that says "See publication"; If they click on that option, they will be redirected immediately to the original publication where you can get more information about the image and the account that posted it.
It is also important that you know that when you repost an image from another account, the name of the user who originally posted it will appear below the image; But if you don't mention that account in your story, the user who owns the account will never get a notification that you shared that image.
How do I activate the "Allow sharing" option on my Instagram account?
If you have a public account because you promote a brand, spread inspirational phrases or post relevant information, it would be ideal if you turned on the option "Allow sharing"; This feature will allow your followers to help you spread your brand, product or information.
- Within your Instagram application, go to the bottom right corner and click on the icon of one human figure.
- Once in your profile panel, click on three stripes which are located in the upper right corner.
- A side menu will appear, click on "Settings" and then select “Privacy”.
- Now you need to select "Chronology".
- Look for the section "Shared content" ; where you will see three options that you can change so that your posts can be shared with your followers. You can also turn on the option so that your stories are automatically shared on your Facebook account.
The use of the “allow sharing” tool is a strategy that has helped many influencers to grow within Instagram; and many companies to spread their brand and their products among the thousands of users who use this social network. So go ahead and activate and share stories in a group, to get more publicity.
Do not stop posting images or videos on your Instagram stories, enjoy this fabulous function that Instagram has made available to you so that you can share moments, phrases, videos or relevant information with other users of this social network.