Sharing files and folders between users is something that makes everything much easier. We will also teach you how to share folders on the local network in case you have multiple computers connected.
If one of the files you want to share is hidden and you don't know how to view or use them, find out how to make them appear.
This way you can share all files you want and access it from any user account or computer that is on the same network in a very simple, but above all fast way.
This is a fairly simple tutorial that we recommend you follow step by step, especially if you don't have much knowledge of this kind of subject. But rest assured that you will be able to quickly set up everything to share your files and folders between users on the same computer and one local network. You also have the option to share files without using a homegroup.
How to share files between user accounts in Windows
Surely on some occasion while you were using your computer, you have seen the folder " Public access “, All users of the computer can see the content located in that folder. It is located in C: Public Users.
From this folder, you can share anything between Windows 10 user accounts. You can share various files, music, programs, and anything else you want to share with the different accounts on your computer.
By default, Windows shares some folders between users. For example, music among others is shared by default and can be accessed from the place we discussed earlier.
The same public folders can be shared on the local network. In case you have different computers. To do this, all you need to do is the following:
- Press the button " Windows "Click on it" Start ”In the lower left area of Windows.
- A drop-down menu opens and you will have to type " Control Panel ".
- Now you have to go up " Networks and the Internet ".
- After this we go to " Center of networks and shared resources ".
- Next, you have to go to " Advanced sharing settings ".
- Here we will have the possibility to configure to share these folders on the network with different computers. Ideal for when we work with several PCs or with another person.
Share files between user accounts in Windows 10
Another thing you can do is play with the permissions of several individual folders. You can create a new folder and grant it specific permissions for sharing between users. For this you will have to follow the steps:
- Create a folder wherever you want.
- Once created, you will simply need to right-click on it.
- A new drop-down menu opens and you have to go where it says " Property ".
- Now you will have to go to the section " Safety ".
- From here you will be able to change all the necessary permissions so that the folder and all its contents are accessible by any Windows user account.
- It should be noted that the account that configures the folder with the necessary permissions must be an administrator account.
As you can see, it is very easy to learn how to share files and folders between user accounts in Windows 10. In case Windows comes with several folders by default, then you don't have to do anything if you want to share files, even with Android.
You can also decide to share any type of folder you have created anywhere in the Microsoft operating system.
If the files are in DMG format, it is also possible to open them and work on them with Windows.
Most Interesting Articles
- best telegram channels to watch all the free live soccer 2023
- best telegram channels to watch formula 1 live and free 2023
- best telegram channels to watch motogp free and live 2023
- how to watch and download movies and series in 2023 with telegram
- how to watch the nba live and free with telegram 2023