What is the cloud?
It is a server to archive documents, movies, video, photo or any kind of information. It was created for everyone; as it is an easy to use tool that allows you to easily access your files at any time from any device.
There are several platforms that allow you to store files for free, these are Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive. But we may be wondering what are the best cloud storage services.
Well, for this post we will choose Google Drive because the advantages it offers are many; for example, his storage capacity it is very good in the free version and file sharing is very simple. You can also access your documents from any device.
Therefore, we will show you how to upload and share files in a cloud using Google Drive. Plus, you can even share files or folders from Google Drive by having them in the cloud.
Steps to upload files to the cloud for free
- You need to log into your Google Drive account.
- After logging in, go to the menu on the left side of the screen and click on the option "+ New", where a tab with various options will be displayed.
- In that tab you have to choose "Upload file" o "Upload folder"
- A window will open where all the documents, videos, films and series you have stored on your PC will appear; select the file you want upload and click "OK".
- After choosing the desired file, a pop-up window will open; at the bottom right of the screen. This window will allow you to view the upload process of the file you have chosen to upload to the cloud.
- After following these steps, the file will be stored in your cloud immediately.
If you have a file with a specific name in the cloud, but want to upload another document or folder with the same name that already exists in the cloud, Google Drive lets you do that. What you should do is follow the above steps (steps 1-5), then you need to click on “Keep as separate file”. Once this is done, you will also be able to easily download photos from the Google Drive cloud.
Steps to share files in the cloud for free
Google Drive allows you to share files, you can also authorize the people you share a file with to edit, comment or just view the document.
- You must log in with your Gmail account.
- Right click on the file, spreadsheet or information you want to share; A menu will appear and you will need to choose the "+ Share" option.
- A window will open immediately where you will need to enter the emails of the people you want to share this information with. Also in the lower right corner is the word "Advanced", by clicking there you can assign each email the option to edit, comment or see what you have shared.
- In the "Add a note" tab, you can write some kind of comment for the recipient of the file, but this is optional. In the end, press the "Send" button, so that documents are shared.
Points of interest
- To share files on Google Drive, it is essential to have a Gmail email.
- You can share multiple files at the same time ; You can do this by pressing the "Shift" key on your keyboard and selecting all the items you want. Then click "+ Share".
- You can also share your files publicly with Internet users; Your file will appear on the Internet with your name indicating that you are the owner of that document.
Storing files in a cloud is very secure and allows you to access your information from anywhere with the device you want.
You can also use it from many platforms, as it is possible to upload a file to the clouds with Skydrive and many more. Furthermore, using a cloud avoids overloading the hard disk with files. Start using a cloud today!
Most Interesting Articles
- how to watch the nba live and free with telegram 2023
- best telegram channels to watch all the free live soccer 2023
- best telegram channels to watch formula 1 live and free 2023
- best telegram channels to watch motogp free and live 2023
- how to watch and download movies and series in 2023 with telegram