PS4 is the abbreviation that was given to the generation of PlayStation 4 video game consoles. These are electronic devices created by Sony Entertainment Corporation which were initially used by users to have fun playing from home, using the television, the device and the video games.
Over the years PlayStation has evolved like other devices, and today it is not just a game console, but an entertainment alternative which allows you to download applications, listen to music, play multimedia content such as movies and videos and also have the smart option to subtitle content in case the user deserves it.
The latest version launched on the market is the so-called PS4, which has set the standard in smart devices of this category. PlayStation 4 not only lets you play, but ha also integrated functions with which you can share content between devices and video game consoles and install games on the external hard drive
How to watch videos and movies with PS4 media player?
PlayStation 4 works almost like any other smart device of the era. This latest version has the ability to connect to the home network to access the internet, and even has a USB port assigned to access multimedia content that can be played on the TV.
The user has the ability to enjoy the music he likes while having fun with his video game console, he can too create a playlist to play the songs in the section "Favorites". All this has made the new PS4 the device that everyone would like to have at home.
Being a booming alternative, chances are you don't understand some of the PS4's features, such as the connecting to the Internet or browsing for new content available on the device. But the truth is, using it is easier than it looks. You will only need a stable internet connection or a compatible device to share your content with.
Steps to watch videos and movies with PS4 media player
This new version of the console has Smart features, so the processes for logging in and navigating the device are likely to be slightly different. If you want watch videos or movies on your PS4 you have to follow the following instructions:
- To get started, the first thing to do is to make sure you have a good internet connection, as it will be needed initially.
- It should be noted that there is a download shop called "PlayStation Store". From this option, you can download content for the game console.
- Next, a named application needs to be downloaded “Media Player”. Wait for the download and installation process to complete. This App is completely free and no longer takes up space on your device.
- After installing the media player application, you will need a USB stick or hard drive.
- The USB stick or hard drive must have two folders. For music, the folder must be named "music" (it is essential that it be called that) and for videos or films you can give any name.
- It is also important that the contents are in folders.
Steps to play multimedia content after downloading the application
Click the "Media player" and wait for it to load. Initially a list with three sections will appear; recently played, favorite and PC user-user.
- Now we have to insert the USB stick or hard drive, as appropriate, and wait for the device to recognize it.
- Then we can go into the folders and start playing the content. Or videos, movies or music.
- PS4 it is compatible with most formats multimediali come Mp4, AVI, MPEG-2TS, AVCHD e XAVC S ™ per i video.
- In case some content cannot be played, you can make sure it is a compatible format.
Finally, we hope this article has helped you. However, we would like to hear from you. Were you able to watch videos and movies with PS4 media player by following these steps? Do you know of another method that allows you to perform this action? Leave us your answers in the comments.
You may also be interested in, How to Easily Access PlayStation Store or Network with Another PS4Etiquetas Gaming station