Rotate or change the text of a cell in Excel can be very convenient in various circumstances, it is also a way to improve the aesthetics of our Excel tables. The process is quite simple and you can apply it right away if you read this guide carefully.
It should be noted that this procedure can also be used in other Microsoft Office applications, for example you can rotate or rotate tables in Word very easily, but this time we will show you how to do it in Excel.
How to wrap or rotate text in a cell in Excel - Skew Cells in Excel
The process to rotate or skew cells is quite simple, in fact it's a basic option built into the program, so you can make this change very easily. Please read the following guide carefully to rotate your text to fit a new format.
- Once you are inside the cell you want to rotate or skew, you need to select it and press the right mouse button.
- When you press the right mouse button, find the option Formato that and click on it.
- All configuration options for the cell format will be displayed on the screen.
- In the right corner of these options you will find the section Orientation. There it will be enough to modify the figure in degrees (°) until the desired look is achieved.
- We recommend using 45 °, as it is visually very pleasing, but any other measurement or turn, such as vertical direction, is perfectly valid and useful.
- Once you have the desired configuration, click on the button OKAY. After this, his cell will be turned upside down.
In case you want to apply it to multiple cells, select them and do the same procedure. Once you've done that, it's best to adjust the size of the cells based on the length of the text so that they look aesthetically pleasing.
After rotating the text in the cell, adjust the format to make better use of the space
After the process shown above, you can rotate the cells as you see fit, you can use 45 ° or 90 ° (here the cell would be vertical), but something you should keep in mind is adapt them to the new format. To do this, follow these very simple steps:
Hover over the cell you previously avoided.
- Select it by clicking on it.
- Now go to the top right area of the cell, right in the corner. The setting symbol should appear, which is a kind of cross. A Double-click pressing the cell will automatically adapt to the new format.
If you want to adjust with multiple cells, select them all and double-click the corner of the last cell. In this way, all cells will be perfectly adapted to the format that you provided earlier, but if you want to make a change, you can also apply styles in an Excel table, to further adapt the document to the aesthetics you are looking for.
The most convenient option for saving space
Undoubtedly one of the biggest advantages of rotating and adjusting the cells is that we can save space in our table. This is especially useful if you want to print the Excel job content.
With the above method it is possible to reduce the size of the cells up to three times, so as to make better use of it space and view more information. This is essential to save paper and make cell reading more bearable.
Similarly, with the appropriate precautions and applying the method previously envisaged, it is also possible to improve the general aesthetics of our Excel documents.
As a final step you can reduce the size of the Microsoft Excel file which is particularly useful for optimizing the document correctly and making it perfect to start using it in your work.