At the time of an update in an application, they add a series of functions or correct errors in the application, but at the same time increase the weight of the application itself, a times too heavy or we just lack the way the app looked or developed in an older version.
Here we can also find Instagram, an application that has changed over the years from design to the way it works, and many nostalgic they prefer old versions because they are usually more minimalist or more comfortable than the current ones.
Is it possible to downgrade Instagram on iPhone or Android? - How to do it?
From the official versions distributed through the Play Store, it is not possible to 'obsolete' the applications. In any case, this does not mean that it is impossible, but to make it happen it will be necessary access other App or APK repositories.
How to download and install older versions of Instagram? - APK format
The first thing you should do is download the previous version of Instagram a you want to return to. To do this, you can use sites like APKPure where the APKs of many applications are stored.
In fact, the applications will be listed here showing their version and other relevant data. Of course, it is very likely that too old versions cannot be installed. Now you just have to go back to the previous version of Instagram, a process that we will show you below.
Go back to an older version of Instagram
The easiest way to get back to an old Instagram state comes down to simple steps, which anyone could do, but there is one important thing to keep in mind, and that is that you don't you can go back to a very old version, i.e. of the first versions or a year or more of difference, because Android detects that the application is not compliant with the version of the device; Instagram also disables the use of very old versions, giving them a life, where they simply expire when they meet a certain date.
- Uninstall the application, once uninstalled from the device you will be able to install a previous version of the application, in this way there is no registration of the application, make sure to efficiently delete the instagram folder in case there are traces in the cache.
- You cannot install the application from the Play Store, because it only installs updated versions of the applications and does not give the option to update a previous version, so proceed to search for an old version on the internet that does not exceed one year so that you can work.
- You will need to install the application manually via the android installer, this is easy, you just have to open the downloaded file, in this case if a window appears asking you to grant permissions to install an unknown APK on the device, you will have it granted.
- This will quickly install the application and it will be an old version, be sure to open it and look for the version number to check it.
Now, Play Store will notify you about the application update, you will disable it in the Play Store settings and make sure not to keep the upgrade option disabled automatic, because in this way the application will be updated in its latest version and all the installation work of the application will be in vain, also make sure that you do not have third-party applications that activate the update, because within the instagram application to use new features it will ask you to update, make sure you don't.
How to go back to the old version of Instagram to recover messages
The recovery of deleted messages has little to do with the Instagram update, in fact, there is no need to revert to an old version of Instagram to retrieve messages. It is best to try the recovery options that the application provides us as we show you below.
- You will need to log in to your Instagram account and then to your profile section. Now you have to open the configuration options of the App, to do it click on three lines at the top and right and then on 'Settings'.
- In the "Settings" section you will see the "Security" section, click on it to continue. In the end select "Download your data" and enter your email and password for the Instagram account. Doing so will request a download of your personal data, although this information may take some time to arrive.
- Once verified, you will receive an email from Instagram, click in it on "Download information". You will need to enter your Instagram account with your data and then press the "Download information" button again.
- You will see a ZIP file that you will need to unzip, then open the index file and look for the "Chat" section. Here all the chats you have had will be shown, check if there is the information you are looking for.
Can I install old versions of other applications?
Using the same method and module used to install the old version of instagram, you can install old versions of other applications or applications that are not available in the region, that is, this applies to Twitter, Facebook or WhatsApp.
Keep in mind that go back to older versions limit us in terms of functions and capabilities that are added in current versions, it could be in the case of instagram some special filters or options that have been added in recent versions or some commands or aesthetic views that change.
Likewise, it can happen if old versions of Twitter or WhatsApp are installed, in the case of free messaging, it can deprive us of options such as performance or improvements in the interface, such as states, image resolution, and even include fewer emojis and current commands to the our application, in this case WhatsApp or even Telegram, which, like the aforementioned application, add or enhance features or emojis to the application.
Instagram will be quite limited in improving the interface such as optimization and speed, thus resulting in slower or with less visual and development skills, so it must be borne in mind that returning to an old or past version does not always guarantee an improvement for the device, but it could ruin application development, because they are adapting to the new versions of Android and optimizing the way they work.
For this reason, it is not recommended to revert to an earlier version if you want to optimize your application rather than cercare to free up space on your mobile device.